I just found this recipe by Leena Oijala and had to share – these are delicious and so simple to make. Healthy fat, low carb, raw, vegan, keto friendly and I believe if you’re on the Whole 30 they’re good to go too! Any of you dear readers that are on the Whole 30 – let me know!
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil (close to liquid form/room temp.)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or raw honey
- ¼ -½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Extra flavoring of choice (about 2 tsps — be careful if using cayenne, adjust down to about 1/2 tsp!)
Yields 4-6 Servings
- Combine all ingredients in a powerful blender or food processor and mix until fully blended into a thick chocolate syrup.
- Pour the syrup into small candy molds or tiny paper baking cups set on a tray or baking dish. If you like, sprinkle chopped nuts over them.
- Freeze for at least 20-30 minutes, or until completely solidified.
- Remove from the molds or baking cups and store in an airtight container. These mini chocolates will keep for at least month if stored in the freezer.