How many times have you heard this from people who care about you, “drink more water, drink more water!” And while you know it’s good for you; it keeps you hydrated, it’s good for your skin, it helps fend off hunger, yadda, yadda, yadda 😉
Let’s face it, water can be boring. And what I hear more often than not, people don’t/won’t drink water because of that very reason. So let’s spice things up a bit, shall we?
Yesterday, I cut up a cucumber and minced some mint into my water and it was so refreshing. I felt like I was back on vacation, walking through the dreamy Paris streets sipping my delicious concoction.
This morning, I found strawberries in the refrigerator so I decided to cut them up and add a few slices of lemon. This made my water a bit sweet, a bit tart and 100% scrumptious. Here’s what my infused water looks like:
Infused water is especially beneficial to those who feel water is a bore Zzzzzzz, because it makes the act of drinking water more enjoyable, tingles your taste buds and is a treat for your eyes. Isn’t this pretty sitting on my desk? As an added bonus, infused water has the sweet fruit flavors of fruit juice without the extra calories or sugar.
Here are a few Infused Water concoctions I found while cruising the web:
- Strawberry, Lemon and Basil
- Orange and Blueberry – I’m going to try this one tomorrow
- Watermelon and Mint – my usual summer ‘go-to’
- Citrus and Cucumber – I’ve not tried this one yet
- Strawberry, Lime and Cucumber
- Citrus and Cilantro – interesting…I do love Cilantro
- Rosemary and Grapefruit – I’m not a fan of Rosemary so if any of you lovely readers tries this, please let us know what you think
- Raspberry, Rose Petal, and Vanilla – this sounds magical and should be infused into champagne 😉 not water! lol
- Blueberry and Lavender
- Kiwi and Cucumber
- Honeydew and Raspberry
- Watermelon and Coconut water
So, the nest time you hear your inner voice screaming at you to put down the Diet Coke and grab some water – do it! But infuse it with something fun…your body will thank you for it and you might just drink more.