Everyone has heard of the power of paying it forward. Just the other day I was checking out at the grocery store with two items in my hand, Kombucha (no surprise there) and a healthy power bar (again…no surprise, were you thinking Fritos??) and the woman in front of me, who had a cart full, let me go in front of her. I said, “thank you, that’s very kind” and she replied, “don’t forget to pay it forward.” Ah…a good-deed doer!!
What I didn’t realize was all the benefits this has on the recipients as well as the good-deed doer.
Here are 7 Scientific Facts about doing good deeds:
- Doing good decreases stress
- Doing good increases life-expectancy…I especially liked this one!
- Doing good makes us feel better
- Doing good makes us happier at work and less likely to want to kill someone 😉
- Doing good promotes mental health
- Doing good leads to happiness and a more positive outlook
- Doing good motivates you to doing good again – it’s as addicting as Easter Peeps!